Although MyInfo has no native versions for MacOS or Unix yet, it is still possible to run it on such systems. This is a quick guide how to install and use MyInfo under Mac (using Crossover) and under Linux (using Crossover or using WINE).
MyInfo on Mac
To install MyInfo on Mac:
- Download the trial version of CrossOver and install it.
- Click “Install MyInfo Now” on the same page and install MyInfo following the instructions on the screen.
- After MyInfo is installed, you will get an error (“Abnormal program termination”), if you try to launch it. You can fix that by letting CrossOver use the proper library supplied with MyInfo instead of its own:
- Activate CrossOver.
- Select the “MyInfo” bottle
- Select the “Control Panel” tab, click “Wine Configuration”, and then click “Launch Selected Item”
- Select the “Libraries” tab.
- Either click the drop down box “New override for library” and find “gdiplus” in the list or type “gdiplus” in the text box.
- Click Add to add the “gdiplus” library as shown here:
- Now you should be able to start MyInfo under MacOS without any problems
MyInfo on Linux
Installing MyInfo under Linux using CrossOver is the same as for Mac.
If you use WINE, you need to do the following to configure MyInfo:
- Open Crossover. In the top menu, select “Configure” then “Manage Bottles”
- Select the MyInfo bottle
- Select the “Control Panel Tab”, then click “Wine Configfuration”, then click on “Launch selected item”
- Select “Libraries” Tab.
- Click the drop down box “New override for library”
- Find “gdiplus”. Then click Add. The “gdiplus” library should be listed as here:
- Now you should be able to start MyInfo under Linux/Unix without any problems